Ballymena, County Antrim
about 2 months ago
19 Feb 00:00
Position: Facilities / Engineering Manager
Location: Ballymena, Northern Ireland
Due to continued success, our Client wishes to appoint an experienced Facilities / Engineering Manager. This is a new, permanent role and the successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking various planned, reactive and proactive maintenance tasks supporting the overall function of the business identifying faults and solutions alike. This successful candidate must be conversant with Industrial maintenance and repair.
Facilities / Engineering Manager Responsibilities:
- Manages the engineering team and oversees training of new employees.
- Project management to coordinate the engineering team, assigning short and long term goals for successful completion of the project's plans.
- Allocates resources effectively including personnel, materials, and time.
- Approves plans and budgets for each project and makes any adjustments needed in consultation with senior management.
- Reviews safety standards for the engineering/maintenance department.
- Introduction and implementation of preventative maintenance schedules.
- Measurement and analysis of impacts to business resulting from preventative maintenance programmes.
- Liaise with engineering materials and tooling suppliers.
Facilities / Engineering Manager Requirements:
- A third level education or equivalent experience and knowledge (mechanical engineering and electrical background)
- Previous relevant managing experience (3-5 years)
- Knowledge of principles of engineering and engineering design experience.
- Must possess organisational and time management skills with an attention to detail.
- Must be able to collaborate and communicate between the engineering team, service technicians and business managers effectively.
- Must have budgeting and cost management abilities, assessing estimated costs early in the project and bringing the actual costs in line.
- Must be able to draft clear reports on the efficacy of projects and the use and allocation of resources.
- Must possess technical knowledge and have the ability to troubleshoot on a variety of mechanical/electrical faults to bring timely solutions.
- Attractive salary
- Excellent, new, permanent role
- Progressive employer
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call 00353 87 6391436 in complete confidence.