Republic of Ireland
4 days ago
02 Jul 00:00
Salary: Negotiable DOE
At Elk Recruitment we are always on the lookout for skilled Estimators to work with our prestigious clients. If you have recently found yourself out of work due to the current Covid 19 crisis please feel free to forward your cv to or call Rachel on 00353 87 6391436 and I will be pleased to review your cv and discuss all suitable vacancies we have to suit your skill set.
At present it is not possible for our clients to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider applicants who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. CV's submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Prepare all tender documentation.
- Review and evaluate cost estimates.
- Communicate with team members regarding new and current projects.
- Prepare estimates and purchase orders in detail for all products.
- Ensure timely completion of estimates.
- Understand scope of work to bid.
- Manage bid pricing from all vendors.
- Prepare cost analysis.
- Create and submit estimate reports to appropriate persons (Project Managers, Clients, Bidding Competitions, etc.).
- Seek and qualify new Subcontractors.
- Be fully compliant with Company Health & Safety: policies, procedures, systems and rules, report all hazards and incidents and ensure that you work safely at all times.
Qualifications & Experience
- Recognised 3rd level qualification
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role.
- Skills & Abilities
- Excellent Maths and IT ability with an analytical mindset.
- Familiarity with financial and project management principles.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to convey complex issues both written and oral.
- Ability to influence, build consensus and look for collaboration with people from different departments and all levels.
- Solution orientated with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.