19 days ago
Salary: Negotiable D.O.E
The Job: The role will involve communicating with and supporting the sales team and suppliers. Strong communication skills and an attention to detail are required.
Further essential skills are the ability to review/understand construction drawings and documentation.
Be part of the estimating team operating in an efficient manner and deliver estimates and technical supporting documents in a timely and organised manner
* Preparation of Estimates/Quotations for all products within the Company
* Administration of the Tender/Estimating process within the company
* Analysis of pre- tender documentation including Specifications, Architectural Drawings, Bill of Quantities and Contract Documents
* Dealing with the company's supply chain partners in the course of preparing estimates and tenders
* Analysis of prices from the company's suppliers
* Presentation of entire cost build-up of estimates for margin agreement
* Submission of estimates and tenders to the company's customers
* Compiling and presentation of Technical Submittals for the various projects
* Attending presentations and meetings as required from time to time
1. Reviews and evaluates requests for estimates.
2. Prepares weekly bid calendar and ensures timely completion of estimates.
3. Reviews estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy.
4. Creates job folders.
5. Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to bid.
6. Executes take-offs of construction documents.
7. Inputs take-offs into system.
8. Obtains pricing for materials.
9. Obtains bids from subcontractors.
10. Prepares cost build up analysis for material, labour, equipment, subcontractors and overhead costs.
11. Develops and maintains resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
Estimator Skills and Qualifications:
Attention to Detail
Strong Excel skills
Analysing technical Information
Ability to read and understand construction drawings
Strong time management skills
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.