Dublin North, Dublin
7 days ago
20 Feb 00:00
Salary: Neg DOE
Estimator Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct continuous reviews of various tender websites and all other sources for tenders (such as E-tenders, CIS) to identify opportunities for tendering.
- To take full responsibility for the prioritization and completion of all relevant tenders, including the completion of accurate tender information including date of tender to determine prioritization of all tenders;
- Analyze drawings, specifications and other documentation to prepare comprehensive cost estimates. When necessary, refer to previous projects of similar nature for cost comparison.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and work on multiple tenders simultaneously.
- Prepare estimates by compiling take-off bids based on scope of work to produce fully detailed bills of quantities, or pricing bill of quantity produced by the client/ design team;
- Coordinates with the client on all changes in scope, questions or clarifications regarding the work, during the bidding process.
- Acts as a resource to project management during the award / start-up phase to clarify any issues regarding what was considered in the estimate including materials and necessary equipment as well as the methods of construction;
- Reviews budget and project profitability status and goals with supervision and project team as required. Seeks input on corrective measures to continuously improve the identification and accuracy of cost figures;
- Acts as a resource for project management by providing cost information and developing estimates for changes in the work, during tender phases;
- Upon award of projects, prepare handover documentation (including risk register) and attend an internal handover meeting to brief the project team;
- Carry out site visits and surveys to understand the scope of works involved;
- Follow up tender returns and update enquiry schedule, this will include following up on feedback on unsuccessful tenders;
- Develop and fill gaps in tender, compile clarifications and estimator notes for file copy.
- Identify scope for value engineering through product selection;
- Complete analysis of tenders and prices received from the supply chain;
- Obtain feedback on both successful and unsuccessful tenders;
- Ensure that the company directors are immediately informed of significant events such as errors, disputes, accidents, delays, thefts, enforcement notices, prohibition notices, or such other events as might affect the progress of the works or expose the company to risk of damage or loss in any of its activities.
- Ensure that all documentation is filed and maintained in the standard company format.
- Take care of company equipment supplied for your use and ensure that it is not misused or abused in any manner.
- Maintain a tidy workplace and office.
- Be aware that you are a representative of the company and that it is company policy to treat all persons - employees, sub-contractors, design team, general public - with respect and courtesy at all times.
Estimator Experience and Education Requirement:
- A relevant degree/diploma in Quantity Surveying/Engineering (or similar field) or equivalent experience to support your competency in the role.
- Graduate - 1/2 years relevant experience and performance on similar roles.
- Must have experience in all Microsoft office programs, knowledge of Sage, Cad and CRM systems would be an advantage.
- Must have experience in preparing quotations and tenders, be able to work off drawings, specifications, bills of quantities and engineer's repair certificates to compile a quotation.
If this role is of interest to you please submit your CV and we can call to discuss further. Or feel free to contact us on 086 0405288 for more information.