12 days ago
Role: Electrical Design Engineer
Our client, an expert, global engineering, and full-service project management firm is now looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to join the team.
Experience in the Oil & Gas processing & LNG industry is essential
Aramco FEED project experience will be advantageous
Work schedule: 3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from home
Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for the design from the concept to detail engineering.
- Undertake electrical systems design, includes HV, MV and LV power systems, normal/emergency lighting systems, Earthing & Lightning Protection layouts, schematics, calculations, reports, and specifications.
- Lead 30%, 60%, 90% & IFC Electrical Design Review & Coordination.
- Detailed design coordination with inter disciplines
- Ensure best document management practices are applied to all project documentation.
- Ensuring project compliance with the relevant Electrical Codes & Standards.
- Ensure all design activities on the electrical network are executed in compliance with all Corporate and Statutory Regulations and Guidelines in relation to EHS and Electrical Regulations.
- Develop and maintain relations with other departments while different phases of Design development.
- Contribute to the sustainable design initiative within the company with close attention to energy management, design for sustainability and implementation of sustainable design technologies.
- Awareness on sustainable design practices and technologies.
- Managing other professionals on a project basis (engineers, BIM/CAD technicians, and support staff) and ensuring that work produced is to the required quality, produced on time.
- Suggest modifications to develop and design to enhance quality.
- Develop engineering projects analysis to include preliminary design, calculations, budget analysis, life cycle costs plus equipment selection.
Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience:
Minimum of 5 to 15 Years' experience in Oil & Gas Industry.
- Saudi Aramco project experience will be advantageous
- Ability to work across multiple offices with project setup experience
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and coordination, People Management skills.
- Strong technical, prioritization and management skills.
- Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
- Experience in Engineering Design software programs such as: Revit MEP, Navisworks, BIM 360 or similar.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Andrew today on 0599158978 in complete confidence.