about 1 year ago
Position: EHS Officer
Salary: Neg DOE
Our client a leading Pharmaceutical company is now looking to expand their EHS team, the successful candidate will promote, motivate personnel and strive for a world class safety performance for our site. This role is for a subject matter expert in a wide variety of EHS topics. The successful candidate for this role will be highly motivated, ready to innovate and will have the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team-based environment.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Providing advice, support and guidance across the organisation on all matters of legal compliance regarding EHS Management
- Establish and maintain an occupational monitoring programme and carry out routine occupational monitoring assessments. This includes accurately sampling occupational exposure levels, (including dust, noise, chemicals, lighting, etc.).
- Interpret results and address any inadequacies in safeguards.
- Maintain detailed and accurate reports.
- Ensure all associated monitoring equipment is correctly maintained.
- Play and active role in maintaining and continuously improving all aspects of the EHS management systems (ISO Standards) and SAFE Programme.
- Prepare / review SOP's, WISOP's and training programmes as required.
- Develop a safety communication and consultation programme working with the Safety Representative, Supervisors and all employees.
- Carry out EHS hazard identification and risk assessments and implement controls and emergency procedures.
- Maintain complete data on accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences and investigate as necessary.
- Provide training on a variety of EHS topics including manual handling, noise awareness, chemical safety, etc.
- Provide support to other departments on EHS aspects of new projects.
- Liaise with regulatory authorities in the absence of the Head of EHS & CSR
- Undertake such activities as are assigned and as relate to the EHS aspects of the organisation, including auditing, contractor management, insurance inspections, promoting safety culture, etc.
The successful candidate will be expected to work co-operatively and flexibly both within the EHS & CSR department and with other departments across the site. Strong attention to detail, refined planning and organisation abilities with a proven track record of multi-tasking, working to tight deadlines are essential. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written are required along with being performance and goal orientated.
Candidates must ideally have a third level qualification in Health and Safety and 3-5 years EHS experience within a busy, team based, operational environment, ideally within the Pharmaceutical Industry. A demonstrated ability to influence the safety culture within an organisation is also required.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Andrew today on 0599158978 in complete confidence.