9 days ago
Job Title: Façade Designer
- To determine resource requirements in conjunction with the contract manager to accomplish programme deadlines.
- To participate and contribute to the mobilisation of projects.
- To provide design solutions & material specifications & quantities tailored to our production / outsourcing capabilities.
- To identify and request at early stages of design the required information required to progress its design, procurement, manufacture & installation.
- To record & document information flow (Drawing registers, RFI's , forward loads, cutting lists).
- To assist and mentor less experienced designers in our methodologies & systems.
- To provide information to our internal customer / colleagues in an agreed manner they can use and work with in a timely manner.
- To keep up to date with technology and façade product procurement lead times.
- To focus on our company objectives for each project.
- To keep our clients and in-house project teams informed of changes to the scope of work as they arise.
- To communicate difficulties experienced in the design process with the contracts manager & the project team that will affect programme of works.
- To use our company procedures in a positive and proactive manner to achieve the correct end result for the project.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have in-depth knowledge of construction industry methodologies on detailing and building erection sequencing
- Computer literate in AutoCAD /3D modelling / Microsoft office
- Have experience of the major aluminium systems supplier's products
- 2 years facade detailing and procurement experience
- Experience in Construction or Engineering environment
- Diploma / Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture or related discipline
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Clodagh on 00353860405288 in complete confidence.