Dublin, Republic of Ireland
about 1 year ago
23 Jun 00:00
Position: Curtain Walling Designer / Design Draughts Person
Salary: NEG DOE
The Curtain Walling Designer / Design Draughts Person will work closely with the team to ensure their drawings are produced are to the necessary requirements for each project.
Curtain Walling Designer / Design Draughts Person Responsibilities:
- Review Architect's drawings and propose design solutions.
- Assist estimating in providing design solutions at enquiry stage.
- Prepare fabrication drawings and cutting lists.
- Review programme with Contracts Manager and agree design / procurement programme.
- Visit site as required, assisting with contract / site management.
- Keep abreast of product and system developments.
- Ensure good economical design, encouraging standardisation of details, to achieve best use of available resources.
- Prepare approval drawings and achieve approved status.
- Prepare material schedules.
- Send out purchase requisitions.
- Liaise with consultants.
- Prepare Design Safety Risk Assessments.
- Prepare installation drawings / instructions.
- Resolve technical difficulties.
- Co-operate with preparation of valuations.
Curtain Walling Designer / Design Draughts Person Requirements:
- Degree in architecture/structural engineering/façade engineering/architectural technology/sustainability or building physics
- 2+ years of experience
- Portfolio to illustrate previous work
- Strong Technical and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit are essential. Rhino, 3Ds Max or Sketchup is preferable.
- Technically competent,
- Planning/scheduling, meeting deadlines,
A company that supplies specialist design, fabrication and installation services to the construction industry. It designs, manufactures and installs high specification metal and glass facades in Ireland and the UK. Perks:
- Ongoing Training
- Competitive Salary
- Career Development
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, send your CV to Rachel Wood, , or call 00353 87 6391436 in complete confidence.