Dublin, Republic of Ireland
11 days ago
Position: Ready-Mix Concrete Plant Supervisor
Salary: Neg DOE
An exciting opportunity to join Ireland's leading independent manufacturer of concrete products, bituminous and construction materials. Due to continued expansion we are currently looking for a Concrete Plant Supervisor to take primary responsibility to oversee all aspects of the plant manufacturing operations to include: production quotas and analysis, quality control, scheduling of raw materials, equipment trouble shooting, maintenance, inventory control, personnel management, environmental compliance, the daily management of the ready-mix concrete plant, including but not limited to leadership, safety, environment, operations, quality, efficiency, maintenance, appearance and administration
Plant Supervisor Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Maintain the highest standard of quality and safety in all areas of production from manufacturing to shipment.
- Safely batch concrete and load trucks according to order specification.
- Oversee efficient plant operations related to production and scheduling.
- Manage the schedule and performance of production maintenance.
- Ensure the plant maintains proper stock inventories (raw materials, machinery/vehicle parts, etc.).
- Supervise hourly personnel & drivers to include: hiring, training, directing, counseling and disciplining employees according to company policy.
- Coordinate and reinforce daily plant inspections, safety meetings and toolbox talks, the wearing of PPE and monthly fleet and plant inspections.
- Demonstrate a lead by example approach to all aspects of Health & Safety, be fully compliant with Company Health & Safety: policies, procedures, systems and rules, report all hazards and incidents and ensure that you work safely at all times.
- Communicate with the Technical & Operations Manager and other departments.
- Maintain a clean fleet.
- Coordinate fleet maintenance with work-shop.
- Coordinate plant maintenance with Fitter(s).
- Perform month-end inventory.
- Develop relationships with plant Sales & Account Manager and customers.
- Manage CODs.
Plant Supervisor Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with ready-mix concrete production, associated equipment and fleet management.
- Excellent knowledge of quarry & concrete production processes and the types of products produced.
- Strong knowledge of Concrete Batching Plants and associated maintenance requirements.
- An understanding of QC/QA for the ready-mix concrete industry.
- A working mechanical knowledge of all plant related equipment.
If this role is of interest to you please submit your CV today and we will call you to discuss in detail. Or feel free to contact Helen on 086 040 5288 for more information