Meath, Republic of Ireland
27 days ago
Position: Commercial Manager (Roadsurfacing & Contracting)
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Our Meath-based client is currently looking for a motivated and experienced Commercial Manager for their Roadsurfacing & Contracting Business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for handling daily business issues, managing company associations and identifying and pursuing new business opportunities. The person will also continuously work to strategically expand and improve business procedures, standards and policies. The successful candidate will have great communication, teamwork, leadership and analytical skills.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Identify opportunities to grow the Roadsurfacing & Contracting Business, whether through partnerships or new initiatives, and work to take advantage of those opportunities.
- Analyse sales, finance, marketing and other reports that give insight into how the business can make adjustments to improve performance.
- Assist Managing Director and work with Contracts Managers to ensure a cohesive team.
- Resolve issues with Contracts and Commercial Operations.
- Communicate with parties in a contract so that all understand the terms and particularly the contract's financial aspects.
- Assess risks and make recommendations based on a thorough analysis of all factors involved in business situation.
- Coach team members on best practices for managing contract issues and handling daily issues and tasks.
- Demonstrate a lead by example approach to all aspects of Health & Safety, be fully compliant with Company Health & Safety: policies, procedures, systems and rules, report all hazards and incidents and ensure that you work safely at all times.
Qualifications & Experience
- Recognised 3rd level qualification in a Construction related discipline such as Civil Engineering or Construction Management one is essential. (Level 8 preferred).
- Recognised membership of relevant professional body/bodies.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in a similar role and similar products.
- Proven experience and success in financial management of projects, putting together bids for new work and negotiating and agreeing contracts.
- Track record of success in overseeing projects from inception to completion and identifying and mitigating risks involved.
- Previous significant customer interfacing experience is essential. Along with a proven ability to create and maintain positive relationships and a commercial focus.
- Excellent Working knowledge of various forms of Construction Contracts. The Public Works Contracts suite of documents particularly.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work with and coach a team of experienced Contracts Managers, Site Engineers and Sub-contractors, and motivate and work with internal and external service providers.
- Proven track record of financial management and budgetary control, and of identifying and realising opportunities for cost reduction and/or income generation.
- Exceptional IT and report writing skills. Full proficiency in MS Office including MS Project is required. Familiarity with Business Information Systems is expected.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills. Proven ability to confidently and positively present at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety requirements.
Character & Personal Qualities
- Demonstrable leadership and management skills. A positive and supportive team player.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and calmness in difficult situations.
- Reliable, trustworthy and an excellent time-keeper.
- Ability to work in a high-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel and work from various locations at short notice.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Helen on 086-0405288 to discuss the role in confidence.