Republic of Ireland
about 1 month ago
01 Jun 00:00
Position: Civil Engineers
Salary: Neg DOE
At Elk Recruitment we are always on the lookout for skilled Civil Engineers to work with our prestigious clients. If you have recently found yourself out of work due to the current Covid 19 crisis please feel free to forward your cv to or call Arlene on 00353 87 6341327 and I will be pleased to review your cv and discuss all suitable vacancies we have to suit your skill set.
At present it is not possible for our clients to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider applicants who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. CV's submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
Civil Engineer Responsibilities:
- The applicant needs to be aware of all relevant Health and Safety procedures as per company policy and these must be communicated to the relevant people and must be strictly complied with.
- Need to be familiar with current statutory requirement in relation to HSE Legislation or at a minimum need to know where to go to get the correct information,
- Need to be familiar with the Form of Contract on the Project and the implications that any variation or change orders will have on the program and costs,
- Need to be familiar with the program and what implication any overrun will have in relation to costs and manpower,
- Regularly checking and surveying of ongoing work
- Check/understand Specifications, Drawings and other Contract Documents,
- Setting out, levelling and surveying the site in accordance with the Drawings and Specification,
- Preparing As-built drawings, technical reports, site diary,
- Liaising with purchasing department to ensure that purchase orders adequately define the specified requirements,
- Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, site supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project,
Civil Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from a recognised third level institution.
- Good technical ability.
- Knowledge of relevant standards and regulations.
- Experienced in the preparation of technical reports.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Applicants must speak fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.