5 days ago
Position: Civil Engineer (Roadworks)
Location: Kildare / Site in Co. Laois
What Makes This Company Different?
- CPD Ireland accredited employer.
- This company is actively an equal opportunities employer.
- Holding contracts with some major Irish clients for long-term projects.
- Review system in place for job progression.
On behalf of our client, based in Kildare with sites located predominantly around the greater Dublin area, Elk Recruitment are now looking for a Civil Engineer with Setting Out experience.
A third-level qualification in Civil Engineering is preferred and a full Irish drivers licence is required.
Civil Engineer Responsibilities:
- Setting out is most important, levelling and surveying the site in accordance with the Drawings and Specification
- The candidate needs to be aware of all relevant Health and Safety procedures as per company policy and these must be communicated to the relevant people and must be strictly complied with.
- Need to be familiar with current statutory requirement in relation to HSE Legislation or at a minimum need to know where to go to get the correct information,
- Need to be familiar with the program and what implication any overrun will have in relation to costs and manpower,
- Regularly checking and surveying of ongoing work.
- Check/understand Specifications, Drawings and other Contract Documents,
- Preparing As-built drawings, technical reports and site diary.
- Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, site supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project,
Civil Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from a recognised third level institution.
- Full Irish drivers licence.
- 6+ months experience with Setting Out.
- Good technical ability.
- Knowledge of relevant standards and regulations.
- Experienced in the preparation of technical reports.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Applicants must speak fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
If this role is of interest to you, please call Alesha in Elk for a quick chat on 0599176301 or email