about 1 year ago
Position: Branch Sales Manager- Electrical Wholesalers
- To ensure total safety and security of premises and vehicles and all things relating to them, i.e. stock, equipment, paperwork, money etc.
- To ensure the upkeep of the building both structurally and in appearance.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness both inside and outside the Branch, particularly the Trade Counter and Office areas.
- To ensure the Branch complies with the regulations laid down in the Health and Safety at Work Act and that all Branch activity is undertaken with due regard to safety.
- To ensure that all Staff complies with the directives laid down in the latest Company Procedure document.
- To engage new Staff with the approval of the Group Manager and maintain the appropriate staffing levels.
- To lead by example and ensure all Staff are presentable in appearance and manner at all times.
- To encourage all Staff towards advancement irrespective of their position.
- To consult the Group Manager on any disciplinary measures concerning Staff and certainly before dismissal.
- To increase the overall levels of sales and profitability from both new and existing customers.
- To encourage all Staff particularly Accounts Managers in their efforts to gain more sales, holding regular meetings with regard to:
- Product Training
- New Lines
- Call Plans and Records
- Joint Visits
- Switch Selling
- To encourage the sales of all In House products as well as new and existing profitable lines.
- To establish creditworthiness and to set realistic credit limits.
- To ensure that all debtors are effectively controlled within the Company targets and all outstanding monies are collected within the permitted credit period.
- To ensure customers do not exceed their credit limits and when applying for new limits, sufficient levels are requested and in good time.
- To ensure that customers trading outside their agreed terms have their account stopped and every effort is made to collect the outstanding debt.
- To ensure that any customers whose payments are not honoured by their Bank have their accounts closed and every effort is made to collect the outstanding debt. Under no circumstances should such an account be re-opened unless written approval is first obtained from the Group Manager and Divisional Accountant.
- To ensure the regular banking of all monies received at the Branch with details forwarded immediately to the Divisional Accounts Office.
- To ensure that the Branch stock level is effectively controlled within the company targets.
- To ensure that all items are purchased from the 'Best Buy' source and are bought at the best possible rate, in conjunction with the Buying Guide thus maximising profitability.
- To maintain a regular review of economic stock levels and encourage stock ordering in conjunction with the Proportional Buying Guide.
- To ensure that no stock orders are placed for delivery in the latter part of any month.
- To ensure that all stock levels are held in a workable order and kept clean and tidy.
- To ensure regular returns (minimum monthly) of damaged faulty goods on debit notes.
- To promote the stocking of In House products.
- To gain a working relationship with suppliers' Representatives.
- To ensure the Branch is fully prepared for Stocktaking at year end, in conjunction with the instructions issued at the time.
- To effectively control all Branch overheads in conjunction with the Company guidelines in order to maximise efficiency and profitability.
- To maintain a constant flow of all paperwork to Group Office and Divisional Accounts on a daily basis including replying to all Memo's by return.
- To encourage neatness and tidiness in the treatment of all Branch paperwork.
- To promote the effective use of all paperwork and filing systems within the Branch Office.
- To ensure all paperwork is correctly cross-referenced and that any special prices, discounts or charges incurred are recorded and passed to Group Office.
- To ensure that all Debits and Credits are correctly worded showing all the relevant information i.e. invoice numbers, order numbers, dates and reason for their issue.
- To undertake and oversee the training of all Staff in all aspects of their work to an acceptable standard of efficiency.
- To encourage product training by suppliers.
- To conduct an annual appraisal of all Branch personnel in conjunction with the Group Manager and to discuss the findings with a view to improving the aspects of their work in which they are not fully competent.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorization to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If you are interested in the above position, please call Arlene today on 0860651940 or send your CV in complete confidence