12 days ago
Role: BIM Technician
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Our client are currently seeking a talented BIM Technician to work in their high-performance operations department. This role will be working with commercial teams, contracts manager, clients, design teams and project directors.
REPORTING TO: BIM Lead
Purpose of Role
Assist the BIM Lead in producing BIM content to meet the required standards and are to the clients' satisfaction.
- Ability to produce detailed 3D BIM models in line with specific project requirements
- Ensure that the model aligns with the standards and goals set in BIM Execution Plan and BIM workflows
- Collaborate internally and externally with other disciplines
- Create BIM Modelling content. Setup of additional Revit families and templates
- Develop construction drawings and be able to extract data
- Maintain and administer the Common Data Environment (CDE)
- Enforce BEP's, standard method and procedure's (SMP) within the CDE.
- Carry out conformity checks on Revit models.
- Assist in the identification of clash detections on federated models using Navisworks.
- Monitor the implementation of BIM execution plans.
- Liaise with sub-contractors and design teams to agree objectives.
- A Degree in Building Information Modelling (Level 7/8) or a related Engineering / Architecture Undergraduate Degree (Level 7/8) preferable.
- Experience in software applications (AutoCAD, Revit, NavisWorks). Understanding of Dynamo desirable but not essential.
- 1-2 years' experience working in a related field (Main contractor experience in build/fit out is an advantage)
- Knowledge of ISO 19650, PAS1192 documents
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Some understanding of BIM procedures, protocols and data management software tools.
- A good understanding of construction and the sequencing of works onsite.
- Have a passion for digitalising common construction practices and a keen desire to influence the use of innovative technology within a business.
- Self-starter with excellent communications skills.
- Exercises good judgment when working under pressure; is patient and flexible.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in the UK. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Marie today on 0830104097 in complete confidence.