19 days ago
Position: Bid Manager
Salary: Excellent Package
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Bid Manager to join a leading construction company in the West.
- Leading the end-to-end bid process, including opportunity identification, qualification and proposal submission.
- Developing and executing bid strategies that align with the company's goals and client requirements.
- Managing bidding budgets, resources and timelines to ensure on-time and high-quality proposal submissions.
- Identifying new business opportunities by monitoring public and private sector tender portals.
- Maintaining comprehensive and accurate bid documentation, including bid files, records of communication and pricing information.
- Participating in negotiation sessions to secure favourable terms and conditions while focusing on profitability.
- Ensuring compliance with client requirements, regulations and industry standards.
- Monitoring and evaluating bid performance metrics to identify areas for improvement.
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities through market research, competitor analysis and client needs assessment.
- Lead and coordinate the entire bid management process, including reviewing bid invitations, conducting bid/no-bid analysis and establishing timelines.
- Develop compelling and persuasive bid content, including executive summaries, value propositions, pricing models and technical responses.
- Coordinate and facilitate bid review meetings, ensuring key stakeholders provide input and address concerns or issues.
- Work with pricing teams to develop competitive pricing strategies that align with bid requirements and profitability targets.
- Monitor and track bid performance metrics, analysing win/loss data to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Conduct post-bid analysis and debrief sessions to identify areas of improvement and implement lessons learned for future bids.
- Continuously refine and improve bid processes, templates and best practices to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Stay updated on industry trends, market insights and emerging best practices in bid management.
- Bachelor's degree in construction/quantity surveying or related field.
- 5+ years of experience as a bid manager, proposal manager or a similar role.
- Experience in managing bids for complex projects or large-scale contracts.
- Knowledge of Irish government procurement processes and regulations.
- Demonstrated success in winning bids through effective proposal management.
- Strong understanding of the bid lifecycle, proposal writing, development and contract negotiation.
- Being well acquainted with the Irish market, contract laws and regulations.
- Ability to implement budgetary and cost-control measures with solid negotiation and persuasive skills.
- Attention to detail and high accuracy in bid preparation and review.
- Familiarity with government procurement processes and industry-specific bid requirements.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and influence stakeholders at various levels.
- Understanding pricing strategies and financial analysis in bid development.
- Ability to create visually appealing and engaging bid presentations.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and manage multiple bids simultaneously.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to assess bid opportunities and develop winning strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex information clearly and persuasively.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Sue today on +353 59 915 8972 in complete confidence.