about 1 month ago
Position: Financial Accountant
Location: Kilkenny / Carlow Border
Salary: Neg DOE
The Job: Our client is a well-established food manufacturing company seeking to appoint a Financial Accountant who will support the Financial Controller in all areas of finance with the opportunity to progress within the business
This is a finance role within a busy finance function of a growing organisation. This role reports to the Financial Controller. Duties involve:
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts across group companies
- Support Payroll, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions
- Preparation of key reports and automating reporting process
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and maintaining fixed asset register
- Preparation and filing of VAT and Intrastat returns for Ireland and UK and other statutory returns
- Prepare year end audit files
- Bank reconciliations
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
The ideal candidate will have the following skills or experiences:
- 3rd level Qualification in Finance/Accountancy
- Relevant experience in a broad role in a finance team, ideally suited to a candidate looking to progress their accounting career
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills in particular MS excel
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong communicator
- Possess strong organisational, analytical abilities and excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Work well, both in a team and under one's own initiative.
Due to the urgency of this vacancy, it is not possible for our client at this time to consider anyone without the appropriate work permits, visas or sponsorship's already in place. Therefore, we are unable to consider candidates who do not have full authorisation to work in Ireland. Applications submitted without the necessary visa in place will not be considered.
If the position above is of interest to you and you would like to know more, please call Sue today on 059 915 8972 in complete confidence.